Friday, February 27, 2009

The UK Winter sets in

Well this has been a long time coming!!! So what’s new hmm well still in the same job which still doesn’t pay enough but its not really the best time to get a job in UK. They have put the job I have applied for on hold because the company is having a few problems with money I think but they seem to think in the nxt few months we will know more about them. I have started to apply for other jobs but there isn’t to much there so have to keep trying I guess.


Sheffield hasn’t been too bad lately we have had shit loads of snow which was rather fun for running well in till it started to turn to ice which meant it was rather hard. Had a couple of wicked runs in the peak district, running through the snow which was about a foot deep. One day I finished work an hour early so I could catch the train out to the peak and then run home it wasn’t too bad in till I got up to the top where it was like a blizzard but luckily I had a pair of long johns in my bag so I could tie them around my head to help ease the pain of the driving snow. I think it was one of the best runs I have done in quite a while. Its all melted now so the fun has gone I have to say was was starting to get sick of it after a while.

Piret and I have sign the lease for a new flat so that’s exciting we are moving into our new place a week after we get back from Portugal so gives us a bit of time to sort things out. It’s an apartment which is just above Pirets work so it’s rather quick for her to get to work and then only takes me 15min walk. We worked out we will save like 120pounds a month on busses and trams so kind of makes sense to move. Running won’t be too bad will mean a bit more road running I think but will allow us to get done to the running track for some speed training. Its fully furnished and brand new so its quite nice once we have moved in I will put some photos up.

No comments: