Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No more Flat hunting!!!

Well flat hunting is over!!! But job hunting seems to be never ending and don’t seem to find anything!!!
Anyway start with the weekend that’s been, Was Jenny’s (the girl we are staying with) bday on Sunday but she was having a party on Saturday night but of course you can’t go out partying before a good run!! So the plan was to meet a few others up in a place called Kinda, Which is a village in the peak district area. The closer we got to this place the harder the rain seemed to come down!! By the time we got to the car park it was pissing down and windy as, so we waiting there in till the other two car loads turned up and we were planning on going somewhere a bit more covered. But in the end the other guys decided they wanted to run here, at first I really didn’t want to run in this heavy rain out on the open areas of the peak district but once we got going it wasn’t so bad. I was pretty soaked by the time we got to the top plateau. This is where the girls decided to go on a shorter loop and then the guys were going the longer way, so me and 4 others (Neil, John, Gareth (he’s a damm Aussie) and Shane) Neil was the leader and well I have no idea how he knew where he was going!! We seemed like we were going in circles as it all looked the same and the rain made it rather hard to see!! Luckily we made it out in one piece even if we were totally soaked and rather cold!!! I wish I had of taken my camera up with me but the damm battery was flat so we left it in the car :(

Jenny’s party was good, we meet the local gang of runners and orienteer's which was good, we didn’t party to hard as we have to save all our money and getting drunk in a Sheffield bar would have cost us a fair bit. Sunday we spent the whole day doing nothing well lots of job hunting and also flat searching, Piret and I decided that it was going to cost too much getting a place for just the two of us so we started to look for flats with rooms spare. We went and looked at a few one of which had this really nice landlord who had been to NZ and man she loved it I think we listened to her stories for over a hr!!! She was such a nice lady thou. The flat wasn’t too bad, but there were 3 rooms one of which already had someone in, some guy from India who came down from upstairs to meet us and his eyes looked so glassy and blood shot!!! I can’t say if he was stoned or not but wasn’t really a great first impression!!!! The place was 300 pounds for just the room then bills were on top of that. If Piret and I got a place for just us it would be around 400pounds plus tenants here have to pay the house rates which are around 80pounds a month so that’s already 480 then if you add the bills for water, gas, power, internet it’s going to be close to the 600 mark which is like 1800nz a month. We then found another place which was only 300 and that included everything so we thought well better have a look. The guy that was advertising it was the landlord/ tenant it was only a 2 bedroom place so was already better than the last. Once we got there we sat down and talked with Dave (landlord/tenant) and he seemed really nice pretty easy going and very tidy which is always a good thing!!! So after the guided tour of the house Piret and I went away to decide, we both decided the same thing that we would like to live there so after a call back to Dave to check if he wanted us were glad to hear he did!!! So we now have a place we don’t move in till 1st Sept which is good cos it gives us a bit more time to get a job to pay the rent!!!

This week haven’t really done too much been applying for more jobs and waiting for calls about all the other ones we have applied for but still nothing. At least we are getting plenty of time to watch the Olympics and also training has been going very well!!! have been going for a lot of 70min plus runs and also doing intervals with the local running club so for once I’m doing much better training (I would normally just go and run around 60min) so hope to see some improvement soon!! I have to say I’m sure my calves have got a lot smaller since leaving NZ!!

No comments: